Form to be completed by and submitted by Parent or Guardian and contact details to be those of the Parent or Guardian NOT the Junior Athlete.
Is the Junior Athlete currently, or have they previously been a member of, a running club (please tick)
If yes, which club are they currently registered with and which Club(s) have they been associated with previously?
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 defines a disabled person as anyone with 'a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities'.
Do you consider the Junior Athlete to have a disability (please tick)?
If yes, what is the nature of their disability?
Visual impairmentHearing impairmentPhysical disabilityLearning disabilityMultiple disability
Please detail below any important medical information of the Junior Athlete (e.g. epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, etc).
NB. At each and every training session and activity arranged by the Club, it is solely the runners responsibility to notify the group leaders of any medical condition that they have that could arise during such activities. Ultimately, all runners participate in club training sessions and activities entirely at their own risk.
If you have any reason to doubt whether the Junior Athlete's general health and fitness is suitable to running, you should seek medical advice before joining and participating. The nominated Officers of Parc Bryn Back Running Club do not offer any professional medical or other professional advice.
Please insert the information below to indicate the person(s) who should be contacted in the event of an incident/accident.
In order for my Child to become a Junior Member of Parc Bryn Bach Running Club I agree to and confirm I fully understand the following:
1. Junior membership applies to all Members aged 14 to 16 inclusive. Members attaining the age of 17 automatically become Senior Members.
2. Junior Members will only be allowed to join if their Parent or Guardian or a person nominated by their Parent or Guardian is also a full Club Senior Member.
3. Junior Members are permitted to attend summer training sessions at Parc Bryn Bach and meetings that are closed to traffic. Junior Members shall be accompanied and supervised by their parent/guardian/nominated person at all times. Training sessions will not be available for Junior Members when training transfers to Tredegar Leisure Centre during the winter.
4. Junior Members will only be allowed to join Senior track sessions if the Track Coach permits and MUST be accompanied and closely supervised by their parent/guardian or person nominated by their parent or guardian. If the parent/guardian cannot attend training they must notify a Committee Member in writing who the nominated party will be to supervise the Junior Member for each weekly/applicable session. Such advance notice must be provided at least 24 hours before the session commences. The Committee person receiving such notice will be responsible to pass on such information to the Session leader/coach.
5. Junior Members are only permitted to attend full Club sessions, which are held on Thursdays. In the case of track sessions participation is at the discretion of the attending coach.
6. To promote robust online safety Junior Members shall not be permitted access to any closed online forum administered by the Club, specifically our Facebook groups. General information and club business shall be cascaded to the Junior Member from the Club via the parent/guardian by email, or other such suitable means of communication agreed by the responsible adult and the club management.
7. Junior members will only be allowed to represent the Club in races that clearly allow Under 17 entrants on Cross Country, Road or Track and such events / races must be approved by Welsh or British Athletics.
8. Junior members will be allowed to use the Club name on their parkrun profile should they wish to join parkrun.
9. Fees: Junior membership will cost £5 per Calendar year. Junior Members must join Welsh Athletics at a cost of £10 per year. Club vests can be purchased for £20 each.
10. The Club cannot police or monitor the taking of photographs at open events and public venues. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to approach the publisher of any media to request its disuse and removal.
11. At each and every training session and activity arranged by the Club, it is solely the Parent or Guardians responsibility to notify the group leaders of any medical condition that their Child has that could arise during such activities. Ultimately, all runners participate in club training sessions and activities entirely at their own risk.
12. If you have any reason to doubt whether your Child's general health and fitness is suitable to running, you should seek medical advice before joining and participating. The nominated Officers of Parc Bryn Bach Running Club do not offer any professional medical or other professional advice.
By completing the confirmation below and submitting this form you fully understand and agree to the above rules which relate to your Childs Membership. On receipt, our Membership Secretary will contact you to make the necessary administration and payment arrangements.
I confirm that the details provided are correct and it is my responsibility to notify Parc Bryn Bach Running Club of any changes.
I also confirm that I fully accept and understand that any activity my Child participates in, arranged by Parc Bryn Bach Running Club, is entirely at my own risk.
By submitting this form electronically I am confirming my Declaration above.
The information you provide using this form will only be used as part of membership process and will not be published on the website.